Friday, October 2, 2009

Avery is superman

Well this was obviously befre yesterdays morning skate but funny nonetheless


After being sidelined with a sprained MCL from a collision in a morning skate with Ryan Callahan, Sean Avery returned to the ice for the Rangers' practice on Wednesday in preparation for the start of the season, the Journal News reports.
Avery underwent the new PRP procedure, which involved having his blood drawn and re-injected to speed up the healing process of the sprained MCL. He did not participate in the contact portions of practice, but did say his knee was feeling better.
“I’m certainly ahead of schedule, so either it’s the PRP or I’m actually Superman like I claim to be,” Avery told the Journal News. "They know with me that we just kind of go as I feel, and it’s tough to set guidelines because I don’t generally follow them too well. I like to just push it as quickly as I can, and be responsible, and our training staff are certainly some of the best, so they’re not going to let me do anything that’s going to put me in jeopardy.”
Avery's status for the Rangers' games on Friday and Saturday is uncertain as of now, but he is expected to push his knee harder on Thursday.
credit:Chevelle

No comments: