Sunday, March 29, 2009

Avery's treatment

After the game against the Pens here's what some players and John Tortorella had to say about how Avery has been treated.Most are dead on.

"I don't think Sean is being treated fairly," Rangers coach John Tortorella said without equivocation. "I'm the first one to say that Sean makes his bed with some of the things that have happened, but I think he's done his penance. . . . He's done his penance and I hope he's given a fair shake.
"If he does something stupid, then give him a penalty. If he deserves to be kicked out of the game, then kick him out of the game, but the way he's trying concentrate on playing I hope he gets treated fairly."



"You see every game Sean gets hit from behind and slashed and there are no calls," said Henrik Lundqvist, beaten by Sidney Crosby for the winner at 9:36 of the third after he split the Derek Morris-Wade Redden pair. "I expected it the first couple of games, but it has to be the same for everybody and I honestly don't think that has been the case.
"It's come to the point where we probably have to have a discussion with some people."

Bettman is who comes to mind,that little rat.



The low-key Drury, who is very cautious with his remarks, said: “I do think that Sean is a marked guy,” he said. “He’s played extremely hard and clean since he’s been back. He's never been suspended for something on the ice."



There you have it,its pretty obvious when players such as drury and lundqvist think a player is being treated unfairly.Sad thing is nothing will be done about it cause Bettman hates Avery.So its open season on Avery for the time being.Tommorow I wonder if Avery gets a goalie interfernce penalty for skating near Farty Blowdoor.

No comments: